The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant
knowledge, skill and competence to blow dry hair using a hand dryer,
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to blow dry hair using a hand dryer, under supervision.
- Select the consumables, tools and equipment required to blow dry hair to a given style using a variety of methods
- List the steps to be followed when blow drying a bob or a style using a hand dryer to include applying styling products
- Describe the procedures to be followed when using styling aids to include application of hair protectors
- Communicate with the client on their preferred hair style
- Use sectioning techniques to section hair correctly for blow drying
- Use a hand dryer to blow dry a bob and a style and include applying styling products
- Style hair to the client's requirements to include application of
styling products to suit hair type
- Apply appropriate health, safety and personal hygiene procedures when blow drying hair
- Demonstrate the application of communications, team working and quality awareness in a salon environment
FETAC (QQI) Level 3 Blow Drying Hair
- Applicants must have reached the current statutory school leaving age.
- Must be creative
- Capable of working on own initiative and as part of a team. Problem solving abilities and a flair for troubleshooting.
- Attention to detail.
Details Min Standard Required
Upon successful completion of this course, students Achievement of this award will enable the learner to transfer to other appropriate programmes leading to awards at the same level of the National Framework of Qualifications.